Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting service is associated with depositing and/or sharing certain content on a web server managed by a web hosting provider. There are various kinds of hosting services used for different aims, so let's study them. In that way, you can pick what you need, based on whether you wish to have a website, e-mail addresses, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a service made available by given web hosts, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages are frequently supported by showing ads by the download links, while a timer makes you await a certain span of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a completely amiss interpretation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allot the load between autonomous bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous webspace hosting services (mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a sort of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific distributors provide a hosting service for images only. This hosting kind is good if you desire to share an immense quantity of pics with friends or partners since the solution is generally free of charge. You will receive a random link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to managing your e-mail aliases. Some providers provide hosting solutions for sites, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you would like to create an email address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can open electronic mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video generates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred viewers, you may have a hard time with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video will allow you to have as many video files as you wish without worrying about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to have a site. To some degree, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and mail aliases, upload video files, and so on. At Strategem Pvt Ltd, for example, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in one location. There may be limits depending on the kind of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the common email/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for particular web content solely.